Monday, August 20, 2012

HELL: It's Just a Word!

Today's  Huffington Post features an article about a high school valedictorian being denied her diploma.   Why?  Because she used the word "hell" in her graduation speech.  The straight-A  student from Oklahoma alluded to instances when she was asked what she planned to do with her life.   She'd respond,  "How the hell do I know?  I've changed my mind so many times."   School officials insist that they won't release her diploma until she writes them an apology for --- uh ---  using the word   hell.

Located just above the HuffPost headline for this piece is a link to  another article:   Class Sizes Rise as 300,000 Educators Won't Be Going Back to School.

So,  where's the real  obscenity here?   Just askin'!

1 comment:

  1. I'm afraid we are entering another Dark Age, have been for the last few decades. The areas in the U.S. to avoid, to watch out for, are most of the southern states and many isolated rural areas. I hope I'm being accurate rather than merely critical here.

    So many teacher without work? --Very ominous, all the way around.--Best Wishes

    ReplyDelete